Argentina is so far away that if you ask the average person what he knows about it, then most likely it is that will be called tango and remember the name of the capital of this country. However, Argentina is an amazing place with fabulous nature, noisy holidays, special traditions and delicious dishes.
Since we don’t know so much about South America, AdMe.ru decided to correct this unfortunate omission.
Features of national character
© EAST NEWS
- Argentina is a country of immigrants, so its inhabitants are mixed a lot of blood. This explains the temper and the passion of the Argentines. Visitors are always welcome, and treat everyone with understanding and without negativity.
- According to unofficial statistics, Argentina is the country with the largest number of psychologists per capita in the world. Almost every resident of the country goes to the psychologist, and the years and most often from school, where there are specialists. The fact that the Argentinians are very emotional and nervous about small things: if you keyed a car or lost favorite football team, you have to go to a psychologist.
- In this country, people pay great attention to their appearance, so it is very popular plastic surgery. An estimated 1 in 30 Argentines for once in my life come under the surgeon’s knife. At some point the authorities even had to discuss the bill to ban plastic surgery for minors due to the growing popularity of activities among adolescents. According to doctors, patients often want to enhance the Breasts to get rid of cellulite with liposuction and a nose job. Argentine surgeons are among the most experienced in the world, so today here is a very common medical tourism.
© Mirco Lazzari gp / Stringer / gettyimages
- The Argentines have their own version of “Magnan” (“tomorrow” in Spanish): they like to promise but not to do. As a rule, they do not say the word “no”. Instead they say “next”, “Yes, definitely”, “sometime certainly”. The main thing — to remember what it all means “never”. And for local residents is normal to be late or not come to the meeting. It is not considered a sign of disrespect, they just live in a different rhythm. And you can’t send the Argentine a message that you have in place is uncivilized. To wait for any specialist a few weeks — this is normal.
- In Argentina, as in other countries of South and Latin America, there is a custom: when a girl turns 15, it is celebrated on a large scale — a luxurious dress, a restaurant, a large number of guests. This age is considered a transition from childhood to adulthood. Money for celebration begin to defer from birth.
© AlejandroLinaresGarcia / wikipedia
- Not to get into all sorts of bureaucratic things and tricks of the law, the Argentines hire a special person, called gestion (Hector). It’s a cross between a lawyer, expert and Manager. Hector knows all the loopholes and pitfalls in the legislation and can solve almost any problem.
- People under 35 are almost teenagers. Many live off their parents and are looking for themselves, sincerely believing that they have yet to come. In principle, they are not particularly mistaken, because in Argentina he does not age. In Buenos Aires in order to retire and begin to learn the language or to play in Amateur theatre, dancing or painting. It is not common to say, “Well, what could I, at my age.” It seems that for the Argentines this a Convention.
The attitude of the family
© EAST NEWS, © EAST NEWS
- Because the Argentinians are never in a hurry, they marry quite late and meet before the wedding, years 5-7.
- Also, many are in no hurry to get married due to the fact that divorce is very difficult: the procedure is complicated to the max. Often, divorce more expensive weddings because of the special procedures, which helps to determine what proportion of the family budget have been acquired together and what each of the spouses after the divorce. So many couples don’t get married immediately, but first sign a special agreement, something like a contract of civil partnership. However, after 3 years the agreement is equivalent to marriage.
- The Argentines are very fond of children — both his own and others. By the way, as a rule, fathers are taking an active part in the lives of children.
© Benjamin Egerland / agefotostock / East News, © Benjamin Egerland / agefotostock / East News
- A young family is not so easy to rent an apartment. You need to have a guarantor, which has its own property in this city. If tenants cannot pay the rent, the real estate of the guarantor acts as collateral. Plus every six months, the rent increases by 15 % — this is due to the constant inflation.
Medicine and education
© Federico Tovoli / VWPics / agefotostock / East News
- Education is free and obligatory from 6 to 14 years. Next, you can either go to work or go to College, and you will not have to pay tuition. In General, the system is designed so that to enter the Institute with the greatest of ease, but to study hard. Enroll here everyone who has applied, but then it all depends on you. And since there is no compulsory conscription into the army, for the Argentines normally do 6-7 times at different universitiesto find his true calling.
- Medicine is also completely free, even for tourists. That is, in principle insurance in Argentina is not necessary. However, if we are not talking about emergency cases, a doctor will have to wait quite a long time.
- For this reason, many women prefer to give birth in private clinics. In the state the birth will be only a midwife, not a doctor. The decree lasts for only 3 months, so the earlier children are taken to kindergartens, sometimes even at the age of 45 days.
- By the way, if the child was born in Argentina, he immediately gains citizenship, and parents with a permanent residence permit until the child reaches the age of 18. So many are going to give birth in Argentina. The passport of that country allows you to visit without a visa in 170 countries.
- Free medicine and education have become possible because Argentina does not waste a lot of money on the army and the defense industry. Spending on the armed forces from the state budget represent less than 1 %.
Life in Buenos Aires
- Here is a popular profession dog Walker. Buenos Aires is a city of dog lovers, and for walking Pets a to hire special people. As a rule, Niguliste work with some dogs a few years, so the owners trust them and make duplicate keys. The salary is about $ 200 a month.
- Despite the fact that the law is not spelled out, everyone clean up after their Pets. And yet many say that in the streets of Buenos Aires they have not met homeless animals. Apparently, it’s all about the good work of local shelters.
© East News
- Buenos Aires is divided into neighborhoods. And your safety depends on that in what part of town you are in. In an affluent area and almost every residential building will be security and cameras on the corners. So, walking around the city, it’s best not to stand out from the crowd, waving the phone and do not flaunt expensive jewelry.
- The city has a plethora of figs. When the tree was 200 years, he is given a name and shield fence. For example, it’s Homer.
© Andrey Burenok / youtube
- Residents of Buenos Aires are saving money not only for an apartment or a house, but also on the family vault. Often the cost of the tomb in a prestigious area will be higher than the price of an apartment with similar square footage.
There are even special realtors, who are engaged in just this kind of real estate.
© Wojtek SZWEJ / East News
- Once in the supermarket, you can be surprised rather meager selection of food products, especially fruits and vegetables. The thing is that the products are better to buy in the markets. There’ll be fish, meat and ripe vegetables and fruit. And the cost they come out 2 times cheaper than in the store.
- Many shops and bakeries in Argentina exhibit free food for the needy. Before the closing the sellers hang on the door bags of bread, rolls or vegetables that have failed to sell.
- In this country there is not many popular brands, for example, there is still no IKEA and H & M store opened only last year, but in a rather peculiar format. It is impossible to find clothes from the latest collections, and the minimum value of goods is limited to 500 pesos (about $ 12). And there is only sold women’s clothing.
- The main pride of Argentina is meat, especially beef. By and large, all their cuisine is grilled meat with various additives. Someone just noticed that all of Argentina smells of fried meat.
© Xinhua / eyevine/ EAST NEWS
- Despite the fact that there are a lot of cows, with dairy products, the situation is not very good. You will not find the usual sour cream, cheese, yogurt. And the choice of cheese is not very rich.
- Since once a month, 29th day, the people of this country eat gnocchi — dumplings made from potatoes, flour and salt. The fact that at the end of the month money, as a rule, were small, so people could only afford this simple and cheap food. Argentinians have the custom: to attract financial good luck in the next month, you need to put a coin under his plate nokami.
- In Argentina, the delicious traditional sweets. The most popular dessert is considered to be shortbread , alfajores with stuffing inside.
- But coffee tastes of Europeans, it seems too bitter and burnt. Do Argentines prefer to drink Yerba mate — a special drink from dried leaves of the Paraguayan Padova.
How Argentines spend their leisure time
© EAST NEWS, © EAST NEWS
- You might think that all the locals know how to dance tango, but it’s not. Real Argentine tango is mostly only remember the older generation of professional dancers.
- Of course, a huge place in the lives of Argentines is soccer. It is impossible to imagine a guy who wouldn’t go to the stadium or not able to play this game. A special love is the captain of the national team of Argentina Lionel Messi. Call it a miracle of God.
- In addition to football, in this country there is one national sport that is virtually unknown to the world. This is a game called Pato, which combines elements of basketball and Polo. Actually the word “Pato” in Spanish means “duck”, so initially, since 1610, the players used a ball instead of a duck. Of course, then this barbarism has ceased long ago, the use of ducks is strictly prohibited.
- As for travel, it was mostly Argentines travel around the country or to neighboring countries: Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay. But in Argentina there is something to see. One of the most famous attractions is the Perito Moreno glacier, located in the national Park Los Glaciares. This glacier is the third largest reserve of fresh water in the world.
© Wolfgang Kaehler / agefotostock / East News
- By the way, Argentina is very comfortable intercity buses. The ticket price includes food, dessert and drinks, and during the trip you can sit in a comfortable chair and watch a movie on the embedded screen.
- In General, Argentina is a great country, where a lot of sun and heat and where you will always be happy smiling locals.
What associations do you have with the word “Argentina”? Would like to visit this country? Or maybe you are already lucky enough to be her guest?