31 July – Friday
Today, July 31, in the national calendar – Day. Your attention traditions and superstitions on this day – find out what you can and cannot do!
Date July 31, made history several significant events and holidays.
TODAY WAS A RELIGIOUS HOLIDAY
July 31 folk calendar – Day. The days are getting shorter, slowly approaching autumn. At this time the harvest is over, and people collectively consecrated their sickles to tools was them next year. On the Sidelines, we continued harvesting of various pickles and preserves, because the winter was not far off.
BIRTHDAY: WHO CELEBRATES THE DAY OF THE ANGEL
On Friday, July 31, nameday of the holders of such names: John. Don’t forget to congratulate the heroes of the occasion with the Day of the angel!
THIS DAY IN HISTORY: INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAYS AND EVENTS
- International day of African women
- 1498 – Spanish Explorer Christopher Columbus during the Third expedition discovered the island of Trinidad.
- 1919 was adopted the Weimar Constitution, under which Germany became a Republic.
- 1919 – the white guard Volunteer army of Denikin occupies Kiev.
- 1924 – the use of the Ukrainian language is forbidden by the poles in public institutions in Eastern Galicia.
- 1937, the NKVD of the USSR carries out mass repressions in Chechnya: thousands of people arrested.
- 1944 – died French writer, poet and a professional pilot Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
- 1956 – the USSR begins construction of the famous “Khrushchev”.
- 1961 – Israel has accepted millions of immigrants (many people all the crook fled from the USSR).
- 1965 – the British Parliament banned cigarette advertising on television.
- 1994 – Ukrainian athlete Sergei Bubka set a world record in the pole vault: 6,14 m
WHO WAS BORN ON JULY 31
- 1914 – French actor and Director Louis De Funes
- 1915 – American historian-Marxist, political activist and publicist Herbert Aptheker.
- 1919 – Italian writer Primo Levi
- 1936 – Soviet and Russian writer Anatoly Torolac
- 1944 – American economist and Nobel laureate Robert Merton (at one time was accused of tax evasion)
- 1945 – Soviet and Ukrainian pop composer, virtuoso playing the accordion Yan Tabachnik.
- 1962 – the famous Hollywood actor Wesley snipes
- 1964 – singer German pop and disco C. C. Catch
- 1965 – the most popular writer today Joanne Kathleen Rowling (author of Harry Potter)
FOLK SUPERSTITIONS AND TRADITIONS
- The heat is on in of – in December there will be severe frosts.
- Buds only at the tips of the tree – frost will not be until January.
- The leaves on the birch are starting to turn yellow – to early autumn.
WHAT NOT TO DO TODAY
- You can not sweep the house floor
- It is not necessary to go out after sunset
- Do not recommend also to arrange grandiose cleaning