August 22, 2020, 14:32 | Auto
You can be "melted" a car that you wouldn't want for nothing.
An important point is to understand whether the vehicle was involved in an accident. This depends on the service life of the new owner and the price, if he decides to sell it, informs Ukr.Media.
Here is a collection of easy ways to determine the condition of the car.
1. Don't "behave" on an ad marked "urgent" and at a surprisingly nice price. We do not rule out that someone needed money at this very second. But more often in this way they sell vehicles that need thorough repair.
2. Inspect the car during the day. The sun will help to find the waves on the surface and the difference in paint tones. Allow good artificial lighting. Unfortunately, not every garage has this.
3. Ask the seller in advance to clean the car. Even light dust can hide defects. Do not take into account the excuse of continued exploitation.
4. If the car was painted in parts, this will be indicated by the level of gloss, uneven application of paint, the presence of dust and craters. Careless painting work should be alarming. After all, if it's so bad on the surface, what's deeper?
5. Body panels, trunk, hood, doors must be on the same level as the body. The thickness of the gaps should be the same. Compare similar connections and locations on different sides — back and front, left and right. If there was a blow, it is rarely possible to restore symmetry.
6. Everything that can be opened and closed should do so freely.
7. Cracks on the windshield are also a tricky point. If they come from the hood, the car was probably in an accident.
8. It will not be superfluous to study the markings on the glasses. The manufacturer has everything from one batch. That is, the data must be the same everywhere.
9. No seller will bother with headlights, let alone one. Over time, headlights lose their luster, turn yellow, scratch and dim. And if perfectly new? Study this area of the body very carefully.
10. Check the car on a lift: usually invisible places are repaired anyway. Significant damage is hidden from a cursory glance, and everything else can be perfect.
11. Or something else – the car was seriously repaired. This will be indicated by the primer or mastic with which the bottom was recently covered. Perhaps the experts used welding.
12. A strong impact is the replacement of several parts. They can be calculated by the color inside the engine compartment. Most likely, the inner surface will be covered with any paint. After all, the manufacturer chooses it to match.
If you have doubts and the seller is silent, stop by any dealership. There they will conduct diagnostics on special equipment. She will determine the damage and evaluate the wear of the car as a whole.
What good mechanics advise
- General " fatigue" is a reason for refusal. It is better to wait for a livelier candidate or invest more money in the acquisition.
- Recovery often outweighs "saved" money. Worse, the further behavior of the car is a mystery.
- A minor repair that an honest seller told about is a bad reason to turn around.
- Listen to a familiar specialist who clings to every cog, dosed. Maybe he's just showing off his knowledge.
- Don't try to find the perfect vehicle because you might miss a good one that's asking for adequate money.
A problem car can cost the owner his life. Be careful!