Kabul (Afghanistan) December 10: The government is facing criticism for not providing details about the November 7 attack on Central Bank officials in Kabul that killed three people including former TOLOnews presenter Yama Siawash.
The state minister for human rights affairs, and officials of the journalists’ safety committee, on Wednesday, said the details of the attack should be made public as soon as possible.
The office of First Vice President Amrullah Saleh on Tuesday said that details about the attack will be shared at the end of this week after information from the National Directorate of Security is received.
“First, access to information is the right of the people. Second, this is an issue that the people should know about–what was the reason behind the explosion and why did it happen? The car was parked at the (central) bank,” said Sima Samar, the state minister for human rights affairs.
“We expected the government to act swiftly and arrest those who were involved in the incident. Or at least who was behind the plot and how it happened should be made public. Unfortunately, we don’t have new details available,” said Sediqullah Tawhidi, head of programs at the journalists’ safety committee.
Ajmal Ahmadi, the acting head of the Central Bank who did not vote of confidence by MPs last week, and other officials of the bank are not providing details about the attack to the media.
“It is really questionable that in some cases they are mentioning administrative issues for lack of coordination. This issue cannot be a reason for them to avoid cooperation,” said Zuhra Nawrozi, an MP.
“The team that has been assigned by the internal security committee (of the parliament) should receive cooperation from relevant institutions, especially the Central Bank, so that the truth is unveiled,” said Robina Jalali, an MP.
Source: TOLO News