Childhood: soon the end of Nutella?

0
36

Childhood : soon the end of Nutella? /></p></p><p><strong>Is Nutella in danger? The favorite spread of the French could soon disappear from supermarket shelves. We explain why.</strong></p><p>Have you ever imagined<strong> a world without Nutella</strong>? This legendary spread has necessarily accompanied your breakfasts and snacks since childhood. And yet, it may well disappear from your closets for good in some time. The reason ? One would think that it is related to the war in Ukraine. Indeed, the conflict strongly impacts the supply of certain products that we consume on a daily basis. This is the case with sunflower oil or mustard, for example. It is becoming more and more difficult to obtain it in France. And when it does, prices skyrocket!</p><p>So what could be wrong with Nutella? This is related to its composition. As we all know, <strong>palm oil</strong>is one of the main ingredients in the manufacture of the famous Ferrero spread. However, the Indonesian government voted last April 27 an embargo on its oilseed exports. And palm oil is part of this family of products. According to Le Figaro, the head of the Indonesian government has chosen to favor consumers in his country, in this context of global inflation. Therefore, it has also decided to limit exports.</p><h2><strong>A palm oil embargo threatens Nutella</strong></h2><p>To date, it is estimated that 47% of the palm oil imported by Europe comes from Indonesia. But Ferrero would only bring 20% ​​from this country. The remaining 80% of palm oil used in the manufacture of Nutella comes from Malaysia. The favorite spread of the French therefore still has a bright future ahead of it. Especially since, according to the manufacturer, <strong>stocks</strong> would make it possible to cope with the current situation, pending an improvement. We also know that many brands are now trying to compete with Nutella by launching their own certified spread without palm oil. Wouldn't this be a lead for Ferrero to continue to delight our gourmet taste buds for a long time?</p> <script async src=