The vaccination campaign took off in Quebec on Thursday morning with 12.5 calls per second to set appointments while the province expects to receive 700,000 doses by the end of March.
• Read also: Quebec is considering the implementation of a “vaccination passport”
• Read also: Appointment for vaccination: misunderstanding about 80 to 84 year olds in Quebec
“The platform is there, it works,” said Minister of Health Christian Dubé at a press conference.
The latter, however, admitted failures concerning the reservation by telephone because of problems related to the “bandwidth”. He therefore invited Quebeckers under 85 to wait before registering for vaccination out of “solidarity” with their elders.
Despite everything, 70,000 appointments were made on Thursday morning. “We are very, very happy with that,” said Minister Dubé.
It was impossible for caregivers of seniors to register for the vaccination Thursday morning, he admitted, however. We will have to wait for Quebec to resolve certain problems with the online questionnaire.
“This correction, I would have liked to make it this morning, but as the platform is in real time, it will be made tonight and it is a problem that will be resolved as of [vendredi] morning, ”said the minister.
Quebec thus wants to ensure that an accompanying person aged 70 and over can be vaccinated when going to one of the designated centers.
After several weeks of slowing vaccine delivery, the government now expects to receive 400,000 doses of Pfizer’s vaccine and 300,000 doses of Moderna’s vaccine, for a total of 700,000 doses by now. at the end of March.
Vaccination will begin in the week of March 8 in all regions outside of greater Montreal, also recalled Christian Dubé.
An agreement in principle has been reached with pharmacists so that they can help out with the vaccination campaign, he also said.
To see also
I hope you are in health and well.
I offer you important instructions regarding this article
- The article has been translated based on the content of the source link below these instructions
If there is any problem related to the content, copyright, correctness of the information contained in this article, or If there are errors in the language, please leave a report below the article. or contact us via email [email protected]. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
- We only want readers to access information quickly and easily using other multilingual content, rather than information only available in a specific language.
- We always respect the copyright of the author’s content and always include the original link of the source article, and if the author does not agree, leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the author’s request. Thank you so much! Warm greetings!