Death of a security guard at Walmart: Nacime Kouddar finds himself without a lawyer

Spread the love

Death of a security guard at Walmart: Nacime Kouddar finds herself without a lawyer

Nacime Kouddar finds herself without a lawyer (archives).

Theater at the Sherbrooke courthouse. While he had announced his intention to plead guilty to two of the three charges in connection with the fatal hit-and-run that occurred in Sherbrooke in April 2020, according to the lawyers in the file, Nacime Kouddar changed his mind on Monday evening and did not admit guilt on Tuesday.

Defense attorney Kim Dingman has asked Judge Paul Dunnigan for a cease-and-desist order, which means she will no longer represent Nacime Kouddar. The judge agreed.

The accused faces three counts, including manslaughter, dangerous driving causing death as well as hit-and-run causing bodily harm and then resulting in death.

Recall that the 27-year-old man was involved in an altercation with Philippe Jean, on April 4, 2020, in the parking lot of the Walmart of the Galeries Quatre-Saisons, in Sherbrooke. Then he hit the victim with his car. Finally, the father of five children died on August 20, 2020, after more than four months in a coma.

According to the public prosecutor, Nacime Kouddar had announced his decision to plead guilty six months ago. She said she was disappointed with the turn of events. It is an important date for the family. The victim's spouse and sister are here. Other family members are hooked up through the internet to witness this moment. They had been waiting for this for a long time. I also understand that the accused has the right to full answer and defence, said the prosecutor, Me Geneviève Crépeau.

The judge asked the accused to find a lawyer quickly. Nacime Kouddar told the court that he had already begun his steps in this direction.

The file will be back in court for the rest of the proceedings on December 20.

Previous Article
Next Article