Death threats: Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois says two people have been arrested
Québec solidaire spokesperson Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois revealed on Thursday that he was the subject of death threats and claims that two people have been arrested in connection with these incidents. (File photo)
Two people have reportedly been arrested for death threats against Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois since the last election campaign.
This is what the co-spokesperson for Québec solidaire (QS) revealed Thursday morning in the wake of the controversy between him and columnist Gilles Proulx.
He believes that the statements the commentator made to QUB radio endanger the safety of his family.
Remarks like that in the& #x27;public space, it can have an effect, it can give bad ideas, he said in a press scrum in parliament.
“I'm sure that wasn't Mr. Proulx's intention, huh?” But hateful, violent remarks feed a climate which is already harmful, which is already filled with violence and hatred towards politicians. »
— Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois, parliamentary leader of Québec solidaire
It was then that he illustrated his point by revealing that he had received death threats and that two people had been arrested.
According to C& #x27;is the Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions (DPCP) who confirmed that two charges against two people have been filed, it was added.
One of the two cases was publicized. This is Benoit Kierans, of Franklin, Montérégie, who pleaded not guilty to two counts of threatening last fall.
The Canadian Press is unable to confirm whether charges have been filed against the second person who was allegedly arrested.
Any threats QS says it has received have is the subject of a report to the Sûreté du Québec (SQ), the party said.