What is dehydrated skin and how to distinguish it from dry
Dehydrated skin is a common problem faced by almost every woman. Dehydration — the specific condition of the skin caused by lack of moisture, so can be dehydrated and dry, and oily skin.
Causes of dehydration a few:
- dehydrate body — lack of fluid intake
- incorrectly chosen cosmetics
- Smoking or alcohol
- exposure to dry air and UV rays
- age-related changes and reducing the synthesis of hyaluronic acid
- improper diet
The dehydration can be calculated independently: focus on sensations and appearance of the skin. There are some simple signs of dehydration:
- A feeling of tightness after contact with water: after washing you want to quickly apply the cream to relieve discomfort
- Rough surface: if no action is taken, the person may receive a scaling characterizing the extreme degree of dehydration.
- Lines of dehydrationare small wrinkles that appear in areas of active facial expressions, and all over his face. Disappear immediately after application of the cream.
Dehydrated skin is sometimes called dry, though it is a different concept. The difference is that dehydrated skin needs moisture, and dry — in the sebum and nutrients. Dry skin is a genetic trait. First of all, it lacks in nutrients, and the problem lies at the level of all layers of the epidermis, including the deep layers of the dermis. Dehydration is a temporary condition any skin type: oily, normal, dry. This is a problem at the level of the stratum corneum: the skin can feel the moisture deficit. Dry skin you need to nourish and moisturize, and dehydrated — only to moisturize and sometimes feed.
The prohibitions in the care of dehydrated skin
When caring for dehydrated skin should be deleted:
- alcohol tonics
- hard scrubs
- clay masks
- funds with a high acid content
- wash with cold and/or hot water
Myths and truth about dehydrated skin
- Dehydrated skin — aging signs
Dehydrated skin can be 20, 30, and 40 years. The reason — not in the age-related changes, but rather in the aggressive influence of external factors (sun, wind, frost, improper care, etc.).
- Oily skin needs no hydration
This is one of the most dangerous errors. As a rule, in pursuit of purity skin daily care is reduced in defatting and disinfection. Active use of alcohol lotions, cleansing masks and aggressive peels leads to disruption of the skin’s natural pH. As a result, oily skin becomes dehydrated due to weak local immunity and even more suffer from local rashes, peeling, and hypersensitivity. Skin begins to actively absorb sebum, which is released in excess. Because of this, it becomes porous, tight and inflamed. Problem dehydrated skin better to nourish and moisturize a light texture, containing large quantities of oils and comedogenic ingredients creams. And use a couple times a week moisturizing mask, hyaluronic acid.
- Dry skin needs deep cleansing
Complete care for dehydrated skin must begin with cleansing. Simply, dry skin needs a milder formula funds, without abrasive particles and the strong absorbent action.
What tools and ingredients are needed to dehydrated skin
- Serums and concentrates will help to quickly restore moisture. Use them twice a day immediately after cleansing before applying the cream (but not instead of it).
- Moisturizing mask, apply daily for two weeks, until the skin recovers. Then go to mode 1-2 times a week.
- Choose moisturizers according to skin type and apply twice a day to saturate the skin with moisture and hold it during the day.
In the formulas of day and night moisturizers, look for special ingredients:
- Attracting and holding water: hyaluronic acid, glycerin, plant extracts.
- Sealing in moisture by forming a thin breathable film: oil, squalane, vitamin E.
Vitamins in creams have a tonic effect, and the SPF protects against the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation.
How to cleanse dehydrated skin
The use of even the most effective creams will not give any result if the skin is wrong to clean. This is the first and perhaps the most important step in caring for dehydrated skin. Cleansers should be pH neutral, do not contain alkali and aggressive surface-active components (surfactants). If skin is very dehydrated, go to washing without water: use milk and tonic without alcohol.