End of graveyard? Shoigu promises, but they do not believe him

Spread the love

The end of the grave? Shoigu promises, but they do not believe him

Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu told Russia that the partial mobilization that began in Russia on September 21 had allegedly been completed.

The end of mobilization has been announced in Russia. Allegedly, 300 thousand people have already been recruited and that's enough. In the future, they promise to recruit troops only by accepting volunteers and contractors. But the Russians, for some reason, do not really believe in such statements by the authorities.

Shoigu finished

According to the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation Sergei Shoigu, 82 thousand people from among the mobilized have already been sent to the combat areas in Ukraine, the remaining 218 continue combat training at the training grounds.

Lawyers draw attention to the fact that partial mobilization in Russia was announced by decree Putin and, accordingly, can only be completed by a similar decree. But so far there has been no such order.

Nothing was finished on the ground

In St. Petersburg, the authorities announced that the “main measures” for mobilization had been completed.

“Petersburgers subject to conscription have been notified in full. The recruitment of personnel is completed. Relevant work continues,” the city administration said.

However, representatives of the Western Military District (ZVO) said that mobilization in St. Petersburg continues. “The governor has no authority to stop her. It was announced by a presidential decree and can only be stopped by a presidential decree,” the ZVO press service said.

The reality is quite different

State Duma deputy Maxim Ivanov, representing the Sverdlovsk region, appealed to Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu about sending conscripts to the war zone without proper training.

“There is a wave of appeals from wives and mothers about the fact that their mobilized husbands and children were sent without intelligible combat training. The situation is unacceptable. What benefit will an untrained guy bring, for example, at a checkpoint near Donetsk? Probably the minimum,” the deputy wrote in his Telegram channel.

In a deputy inquiry, Ivanov stated that in the first days of mobilization, at least 86 people from the Sverdlovsk region were sent to Ukraine without undergoing the necessary training. He also noted that since the beginning of October, these people have been directly involved in hostilities, and since October 13, their family members have been receiving notifications of the death of their loved ones. Ivanov did not specify how many mobilized people died in Ukraine.

In his appeal, the deputy asks the minister to look into the situation, take measures to prevent such incidents in the future, and also return the residents of the Sverdlovsk region already sent to the front to undergo the required military training.

The wife of a serviceman mobilized from Yekaterinburg told the BBC that her husband, along with other mobilized colleagues, ended up in the forest on the territory of the self-proclaimed “LPR” without food, equipment and any command.

On September 26, the man was mobilized; he served in the military more than 20 years ago and is now 42 years old. Already on September 28, the mobilized were sent to Rostov-on-Don, and from there to one of the training grounds near Lugansk, where they stayed for a week. On October 6, they were sent to the front line.

“They were told that first they would study and then hold the second or third line of defense, but in reality they immediately found themselves on the front line,” says Elena Saprunova.

Elena's husband was assigned to the 35th motorized rifle brigade, others mobilized from Yekaterinburg were assigned to the 55th motorized rifle brigade, they are trying to keep the front in the self-proclaimed “LPR” together.

For several weeks, the serviceman did not get in touch, but October 27 was able to get through to his wife.

“He said that they were in some kind of forest without any command. The only officer who is with them is seriously wounded, Saprunova told the BBC. “They don’t have food, they are armed with old machine guns, and half of the equipment they had broke down halfway through. They do not understand where they are, and when they try to retreat, they immediately find themselves under fire from their own. According to her husband, there are many dead in this forest who are not being taken away.”

On October 27, together with the wife of another mobilized person, Elena sent requests to the presidential administration and the military prosecutor's office to sort out the situation. She received a response from the administration that her letter had been forwarded to the Ministry of Defense and would be considered there.