July 24, 2022, 14:33 | Medicine
Benefits of pasta for health.
In dietary nutrition, pasta is considered a forbidden dish. But what if we say that it is possible and even necessary to eat them?
The feeling of satiety is fundamental for any nutritional system, including dietary ones. After all, if you sufficiently saturate the body with each meal, the risk of situational snacks (during which, as a rule, you do not choose vegetable sticks, but what is at hand) is reduced to a minimum. Due to its density, pasta gives a feeling of fullness for a long time, so it will be an excellent option for lunch, for example, informs Ukr.Media.
It's true that in order to lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you eat. But at the same time, even on a strict diet, so that it does not harm, but helps, the caloric content should be about 1000. Although we remind you that the duration of such restrictive diets cannot be more than five days. The normal caloric content of the daily diet is plus or minus 2,000.
But let's go back to pasta, they will provide you with the right amount of calories if you prefer a light breakfast and diet dinner. With such a schedule, you will have enough energy for the whole day, so you will not become sluggish and irritable, as sometimes happens with those who lose weight, and in general you will feel great.
There are many interesting diets in the world that give “stunning” results. the results But sometimes, studying a sample menu for a week, you can find that not only the usual products are needed for the desired effect, but also dragon's tears and unicorn pollen. This immediately repels all desire to lose weight, do you agree?
Pasta is an extremely affordable product that can be found in every first store near the house. And you can also change the types (horns, bows, spaghetti and so on) so that the food seems more diverse.
A few more words about variety: macaroni is so versatile that you can cook anything with it. They will complement the soup if you don't like to add potatoes or cereals to it, they will be a great side dish for vegetables or meat, and they can also be turned into a dessert in the form of a casserole. Of course, on a diet, your entire diet should not consist of pasta, but such variability allows you to constantly change the menu and not get bored.
To make your favorite pasta healthy, you only need one thing – to choose options from durum wheat varieties (you can add tomatoes, greens, bran and other to your taste). Research shows that such pasta can protect against some types of cancer, including stomach and colon cancer.
In addition, pasta has no salt, which can be responsible for heart disease and high blood pressure, very little fat, which is always a good thing, and it has a low glycemic index (GI), which prevents diabetes and obesity.
This entire text is generally about dietary "appointment" macaroni, but let's add some specifics. Despite the fact that pasta is considered 'those terrible carbohydrates', it is they that can help you look spectacular on the beach or at an important event.
Scientists have found that people who ate pasta as part of the world's healthiest Mediterranean diet had a lower body mass index (BMI) compared to those who did not. And the pasta group had less fatty tissue on the abdomen, which is considered one of the most dangerous. In short, solid bonuses.
How to make pasta even more useful
Nutritionists around the world say that any (absolutely any!) dish can be made healthier with a little effort. Therefore, in order to make your favorite pasta part of a healthy diet and not deny yourself pleasure for the sake of the number on the scale, arm yourself with our simple recommendations:
- Choose options from durum wheat and whole grains. According to the healthy plate rule, whole grains should be on your table every day. And this is a great way to combine the pleasant with the very useful.
- Eat pasta 2-3 times a week. A healthy diet is a varied diet. Therefore, it is still not worth it to cook pasta every day so as not to get bored. In "free" days of replacing them with cereals or legumes.
- Don't give up cheese. Macaroni and cheese is, without exaggeration, the food of the gods. And yes, the dish can turn out to be quite greasy, especially if we are talking about incredibly cheesy macaroni and cream. But in general, macaroni and cheese is certainly not prohibited. It is enough to take low-fat cheese, which will provide the same mild taste (and you won't even need cream).
- Add vegetables. Vegetables are the basis of proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle at the same time. At the same time, they can be not only fresh, but also boiled and stewed to remain useful. Therefore, add your favorite vegetables to pasta every time to get a portion of fiber important for digestion and metabolic processes, and you will be happy.
- Make sauces yourself. Buy sauces can have a lot of sugar, salt and unnecessary additives, so make them yourself. This way, it will be easier for you to control the composition, and at the same time you will be able to make the taste exactly the way you like it best (for example, add more pepper or greens).
- Experiment with recipes. And the last thing — do not be afraid to change the usual recipe in favor of a healthier one. In fact, the result may turn out to be strange with a “plus” sign. For example, instead of bacon and ham, you can add chicken fried in a small amount of oil with aromatic herbs to carbonara pasta. And for spaghetti Bolognese, you should not take minced meat, but, say, from turkey.