Harry and Meghan invited to attend the coronation of Charles III
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been invited to attend the coronation of King Charles III, scheduled for May. (File photo)
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been invited to attend the coronation of King Charles III, The Sunday Times reported on Sunday, but the couple stormed off to live in the United States. United in 2020, has not yet announced whether he will make the trip.
According to a spokesperson for the couple quoted by the British daily, Prince Harry recently received an email from Her Majesty's office about the coronation of Charles, 74, which is due to take place on May 6.
< p class="e-p">An immediate decision on the presence of the Duke and Duchess will not be communicated from our side at this stage, said this spokesperson.
Contacted by AFP, Buckingham Palace declined to comment on this information.
The Sussexes' return to the UK to attend the coronation has been the subject of much speculation in the British media in recent months after the couple's vicious attacks on the Royal Family.
Following a documentary that aired on Netflix in December, Harry, 38, released his controversial memoir, The Substitute, in early January, in which he recounts his drug- and drug-ridden teenage years. ;alcohol and details the breakdown of his relationship with his father, King Charles III, and his brother William.
Prince Harry has released his memoir titled “The Substitute”. (File photo)
On Saturday evening again, the Duke of Sussex made new confessions during an interview with a trauma specialist, Gabor Mate, broadcast on the Internet with paid access.
In particular, he explains that he always felt slightly different from the rest of the British royal family and confides that having grown up in a broken family, he does his best not to transmit trauma to his children, Archie, three years, and Lilibet, one year.
Harry and Megan have only returned to the UK on a few occasions since leaving in 2020, including to attend the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II last September.
The Duke of Sussex traveled alone to the funeral of his grandfather, Prince Philip, in 2021, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
During these trips, the couple were staying at Frogmore Cottage, a royal residence in Windsor, which King Charles III asked them to return, said a spokesperson for the couple earlier this week.
According to a source close to the Sussexes quoted by their biographer, Omid Scobie, they would have until #x27;in early summer, after Charles's coronation, to empty the residence of their effects.