How to increase the range of an electric car in winter in frost
send to Telegram
share on Facebook
send to Viber
send to Whatsapp
send to Messenger
In winter, the battery of an electric car is discharged faster, and its charge significantly reduces the use of the heater. However, with proper use, the range can be increased.
It's no secret that the range of electric vehicles in winter is significantly reduced. In the cold, the battery discharges more and in the face of constant power outages, this can be a real problem for owners. Ford has prepared tips for winter operation of electric cars, which are especially relevant for Ukrainians.
In frost, three factors affect the range of an electric car. This is not only an increased battery discharge in cold weather, but also large energy losses, as well as the cost of heating the cabin. The influence of these factors can be reduced in simple ways.
How to increase the range of an electric car in cold weather:
- Park an electric car in a warm place as often as possible – in a garage or underground parking;< /li>
- It is advisable to keep the electric car connected to the charger to the maximum;
- It is necessary to warm up the car before the trip while it is charging;
- It is necessary to use the heated steering wheel and seats more often – they are much less energy-intensive than a stove and climate control;
- It is important to remove snow from a car – it increases mass and worsens aerodynamics;
- It is advisable to abandon active driving and easier to press the gas pedal;
- Tire pressure should be checked regularly – it decreases in cold weather, which increases energy consumption.