Natalia SANDROVICH, “FACTS”
In hot days everyone will be saved, as you can (remember, according to the SYNOPTIC forecasts in most regions of Ukraine will be still hot and without rain, and in the South are expected even in extreme temperatures, up to 40-42 degrees).To help the body, it is important to follow a few simple rules.
- It is better to abandon a rich hearty dishes. In the diet should prevail vegetables, salads and steamed vegetables, fermented milk products — kefir, natural yoghurt, low-fat cottage cheese. Well there are lean fish, lean meats chicken, Turkey. Don’t forget about fruits and berries. For example, white cherry and has a cooling effect, contains a lot of water.
- Food is better not to salt and liberally season with fresh herbs: dill, parsley, cilantro, Basil, sage improve digestion. Hot spices — pepper, chilli, ginger — it is better to postpone until the autumn.
- Helps keep you cool and drinks sour: juice from fresh berries, compote without sugar, home brew with slices of lemon. Quench your thirst with herbal teas with mint, balm, broth hips.
- Those who can not imagine their day without first meals, it is better to go for chilled soups: okroshka, tomato soup, beetroot.
- Avoid drinking any alcohol, even a cold beer. Alcoholic drinks can cause cardiovascular stress and lead to further dehydration. In addition, they over activate the Central nervous system. Not to lean on hot drinks — coffee, tea. It is better to use warm or even cold.
- To survive the heat helps the right clothes. It should be bright colors that better reflect sunlight, and as free, made from natural fabrics — cotton, linen. Slinky shirts and tight jeans are not suitable. Head better cover easy hat or Panama. To bring itself to life after a stay in the sun, you can wet with cold water whiskey, neck, hands to elbows, armpits and the area under the knees. There are large vessels that immediately reacts to the cold factor. At home it is useful to take a warm shower.
- In the heat, it is desirable to reduce the physical load. The man who goes for a run, maybe for hours to lose about a liter of fluid. It is dangerous sharp dehydration, which can result in fainting.
- If the office or apartment has air conditioning, set the temperature five degrees lower than on the street. A sharp drop may lead to hypothermia and cause the common cold.
- Go out for a walk early in the morning or when the heat begins to subside after 17 hours. In the sun, try to walk on the shady side of the street. From time to time come into the room where there is air conditioning, for example, in shops.
Earlier, the “FACTS” published the advice of a neurologist how to avoid heat stroke and what to do if it happened.
Photo by Sergei TUSHINO, “FACTS”