In Spain, a chemistry professor's experiment failed: 18 people were injured in the explosion (video)
send to Telegram
share on Facebook
send to Viber
send to Whatsapp
send to Messenger
About 300 people came to see the experiments with liquid nitrogen during the science festival, including children. The victims received burns and damage from the metal parts of bursting barrels.
The day before, during a science festival in the Spanish city of Girona (Catalonia), employees of a local university staged a chemical experiment with liquid nitrogen. As a result, the explosion turned out to be larger than expected, 18 people were injured. Among them are 10 children. It is reported by The Sun.
Employees of the local university placed barrels of liquid nitrogen in front of a gathered group of 200-300 people. Mostly they were children and a few parents, many were holding phones. The victims received burns of varying severity and damage from the metal parts of burst barrels.
In the video, a man puts an unknown substance into a barrel, then the containers are stacked on top of each other. After a short countdown, an explosion follows, and the gathered crowd turns out to be smoke.
Among the victims was Professor Denis Jaminez, who conducted the experiment, and his assistant.
Most of all went to a 5-year-old girl, her were taken to the hospital along with four other seriously injured – these are two children aged 10 and 12, as well as a woman and a man, 47 and 31 years old.
The other 13 injured have already been discharged from the hospital.
The press secretary of the University of Girona, Salvador Martí, assured that the experiment with nitrogen had already been carried out several times before, and everything went smoothly.