Little Chuck Norris. 8-year-old boy in India killed a venomous snake with his bite
send to Telegram
share on Facebook
send to Viber
send to Messenger
The cobra tragically died after a double fatal blow from a human.
Recently, a rather curious situation occurred in India. There, a boy at the age of eight came across a poisonous cobra. The snake made a “dry bite” that did not contain poison, but after that the guy bit her back. Following this, the cobra died, writes Live Science.
The event took place in a village in the Jagpur district of Chhattisgarh state. The little boy Deepak was playing near his house, where he met an unknown species of poisonous cobra. The snake first wrapped itself around the child's hand, and then bit him.
When the boy could not remove the snake from his hand, he decided to bite it back. And he did it twice.
“It all happened so fast, like a flash of lightning,” said Deepak.
The boy was immediately taken to the nearest hospital by his family. There he was given an antidote and examined. During this, the doctors found out that Deepak was bitten without poison. But they noted that the snake was probably poisonous. Therefore, it was a “dry bite”.
Toxins 2020 statistics indicate that 5.4 million snake bites occur worldwide each year. They can be either poisonous or non-poisonous. About 2.7 million lead to the entry of poison into the blood. This results in more than 130,000 deaths annually.
At the same time, it is not very clear how many bites can be identified as “dry”. Often the victims are mistaken and cannot correctly identify the type of snake. In addition, doctors also sometimes confuse inflammation from a normal bite with poisoning.
Scientists tend to believe that dry bites are a defense mechanism. So snakes warn large animals that they are not going to kill. Probably the same situation happened with the Indian boy. In addition, it is too expensive for snakes to energetically produce venom, so they often do not use it.
Now there are about 100 species of venomous and moderately venomous snakes in India. Studies also indicate that India has the highest death rate from snake bites – 46 thousand people a year.