The information collected is intended for CCM Benchmark Group to ensure the sending of your newsletter.
They will also be used subject to the options subscribed, for advertising targeting purposes.
You have the right to access and rectify your personal data, as well as the right to request its erasure within the limits provided by law.
À On the occasion of the World Cup, Linternaute lets you win the complete outfit of the XV of France. To participate, subscribe to the newsletter and validate your participation on social networks via our tweet.
00:05 – News from Ange Capuozzo
Out injured during the match against France, Ange Capuozzo (Italy back) did not return to the pitch. At a press conference, his coach gave explanations.
Who will the French XV play its quarter-final against? The different scenarios of Pool B which crosses that of France.
- To finish at Second place, Scotland must beat Ireland by preventing them from scoring a bonus point. It will then be South Africa which will finish at the head of the group under the rule of direct confrontations.
- If Ireland obtains a bonus point without Scotland obtaining one, it is Ireland which will finish at the top of the group ahead of South Africa under the rule of confrontations direct.
- An enhanced victory for Scotland with a bonus point, without Ireland obtaining the slightest bonus point, would allow them to qualify for the next round. second place behind South Africa. The Springboks would finish top of the table under the head-to-head rule.
- If Scotland beat Ireland and both teams get a bonus point, they will join South Africa with 15 points. First place will then be determined under the point difference rule.
- Scotland will have to win by 21 points or more to take first place ahead of South Africa (at present, South Africa +117, Ireland +122) ;and Scotland +97). Ireland would then take second place under the head-to-head rule thanks to his victory over South Africa. If Scotland does not win by this margin, South Africa will finish on top. points difference and Scotland in second position under the head-to-head rule.
- Ireland will secure first place if they score on minimum two points facing each other; Scotland.
06/10/23 – 11:57 p.m. – The match program this Saturday
[End of live] If Wales and Ireland have already validated their ticket to the next round, other nations hope to qualify for the quarter-finals at home. the image of England. Here are the posters for the Rugby World Cup, this Saturday October 7:
3 p.m.: Wales – Georgia (pool C) to la Beaujoire (Nantes)
5:45 p.m.: England – Samoa (pool D) at the Pierre Mauroy stadium (Lille)
9 p.m.: Ireland – Scotland (pool B) at the Stade de France (Saint-Denis)
06/10/23 – 23:22 – Damian Penaud very close to the record
Damian Penaud scored a double this Friday against Italy (60-7). By scoring his 35th try, the new Bordeaux player overtakes Vincent Clerc to become the 2nd best scorer in the history of the French XV. With his 38 tries for the French team, Serge Blanco can tremble.
06/10/23 – 23:02 – Historic victory for the XV of France
This victory for the XV of France during the last group match is historic: the Blues had never beaten the Italians so comprehensively. All the details in our article.
The French team put the French team through an ordeal. Italy this Friday at Lyon. In a competitive match stake, the Blues quickly turned in the lead with 4 tries scored in the first period (31-0). Irresistible, the men of Fabien Gatlhié continued their demonstration after the break to perform face-to-face. overwhelmed Italians. Final score: 60-7. Contract fulfilled for Damien Penaud's teammates who qualify for the quarter-finals. [/embed]
06/10/23 – 9:41 p.m. – Antoine Dupont present alongside the Blues
Forfeited against Italy, Antoine Dupont is there to accompany his team in their last group match. His teammate at Toulouse, Ange Capuozzo, came to check on him on the pitch before the match.
— Rugby World Cup (@rugbyworldcup) October 6, 2023
06/10/23 – 6:29 p.m. – France soon at the top of the World Rugby rankings?
The French XV can grab first place in the World Rugby rankings after this weekend. Two conditions must be validated. France must win this Friday against Italy, but we will also have to count on the Scots, opposed to France. Ireland this Saturday at Paris. A victory for the XV du Chardon associated with a success for the Blues against Italy, and France would become world number 1 again.
06/10/23 – 5:47 p.m. – "We did the job"
"We were in a complicated group. We did the work. I think our victory against Fiji is not recognized internationally. its fair value. It’s very important to respect your opponents. Portugal gave us from the thread to; twist, we expect the same thing tomorrow" explained Mike Forshaw, coach in charge of defense.
06/10/23 – 5:14 p.m. – The lines of Japan and Argentina
Decisive match this weekend between Japan and Argentina in the England group, already ahead of schedule. qualified. The winner of this meeting will simply be qualified. and is expected to face Wales in the quarter-final. The composition of Japan: 15 Lemeki; 14. Matsushima, 13. Riley, 12. Nakamura, 11. Fifita; 10. Matsuda, 9. Saito; 7. Labuschagne, 8. Himeno (cap), 6. Leitch; 5. Fakatava, 4. Cornelsen; 3. Gu, 2. Horie, 1. Inagaki. Argentina's line-up: 15. Mallia; 14. Boffelli, 13. Cinti, 12. Chocobares, 11. M. Carreras; 10. S. Carreras, 9. Bertranou; 7. Kremer, 8. Gonzalez, 6. Matera; 5. Lavanini, 4. Petti; 3. Gomez Kodela, 2. Montoya (cap), 1. Gallo.
06/10/23 – 4:30 p.m. – Lucu, undefeated with the Blues
He is the only undefeated player in the group. In 17 matches, the scrum half has not not lost once and hopes to remain the lucky charm. "I don't know if I'm the lucky charm, because sometimes I came home just one or two minutes,” he whispers. But if I can be the lucky charm until then, the end of the World Cup…"
06/10/23 – 15:42 – World Rugby does not want to make level groups
Even if the spectacle is there with a cascade of tests, we are not going to lie, seeing a 74-0 is not necessarily pleasant. However, according to information from The Guardian newspaper, World Rugby does not wish to make any changes for the next editions of the World Cup so as not to completely separate the elite of rugby and the other teams. p>READ MORE