Russia launches a new massive attack against energy infrastructure in Ukraine

Spread the love

Russia launches a new massive attack against Ukrainian energy infrastructure

Russia < /strong>continues with its strategy of massive attacks against basic structures in Ukraine. This Friday, the Kremlin Army launched an attack. more than 70 missiles (of which about 60 were intercepted, the kyiv Army said) causing cuts in power supply and other services , so as damage to nine power plants and at least two deaths. According to official Ukrainian sources, it was one of the largest attacks since the start of the war, on February 24.

The main cities of the country were affected in this offensive. Kharkov , the second largest city in Ukraine, or Poltava was left without electricity. The mayor of the former, Ihor Terekhov, informed the “colossal” damage to infrastructure that threatens to leave many inhabitants without heating at the gates of the freezing winter.

Meanwhile, in kyiv, metro lines were paralyzed after several missiles hit two districts of the capital. The Ukrainian capital also imposed “emergency blackouts” and recorded 100,000 hours. “Problems with the water supply” throughout the city, the mayor, Vitalii Klytchko, said on his Telegram account. The interruptions in the supply of drinking water were due to damage to the energy infrastructure: “Specialists are working to stabilize the system,” Klytchko said.

Attack on a residential building< /h3>

In Krivoi Rog, in the Dnipropetrovsk region, at least two people died as a result of the hit of a Russian shell in a residential building. There are five injured, including two children, who were hospitalized, according to the progress of the investigation. regional manager Valentyn Reznichenko on Telegram. Due to the attacks, the Dnipropetrovsk region was left alone. also without electricity supply.

For their part, the Russian authorities imposed in the province of Lugansk reported the death of 12 people in an attack by the Army. It was Ukrainian, according to the TASS agency.

Missile hits were also recorded in the Zhytomir region, west of kyiv, which suffered heavy damage. incidents in the provision of basic services, as well as as in Odessa, on the shores of the Black Sea.

Meanwhile, Ukraine's Energy Minister Herman Halushchenko has confirmed that the situation has been increased. Power installations in the east and south of the country had been severely damaged, he posted on social media.

Ukraine is trying to restore power and water supplies after each Russian barrage, but it's getting more and more difficult.

Shelters

For his part, the President of Ukraine, Volodimir Zelensky, accused He told Russia this Friday to be destroying practically all the buildings in the Ukrainian region of Donbas , in the east of the country, so that citizens and soldiers do not find They found a refuge in which to take shelter from the bombardments.

In a video message addressed to the population, Zelenski had an impact on the situation. Did you know that Russian attacks continue in the Donbas and they “physically destroy towns and villages so that Ukrainian soldiers don't have buildings they can use for defense.”

“Today in Donbas, as in all previous weeks, I continue to ;Still the brutal Russian attacks. The occupiers launch against everyone and everything they have on the offensive,” Zelensky said in his message, which was reproduced by local media.

“They cannot defeat our Army,” he added, “so they physically destroy all the towns and villages so that there are no buildings left, not even walls, that can be used for any kind of defense.” According to Zelensky, the only way to stop this is to expel the “Russian terrorists from Ukrainian land” step by step and “continue to put pressure on Russia, finding new ways to stop all the military, all the Russian oligarchs.” that help the terrorist state”.

Fear of a change in offensive

Ukrainian defense officials fear that Russia will make a change in its war strategy and launch at the beginning of the year a new attack. or next a new all-out offensive that could include a second attempt to take kyiv after their failed attempt earlier in the invasion.

This coup could be driven from Zelensky and generals Valery Zaluzhniy and Oleksadr Syrskiy explained in 'The Economist' magazine.