Saskatchewan shooting: Myles Sanderson responsible for all homicides, RCMP say

Spread the love

Saskatchewan killings: Myles Sanderson responsible for all homicides, RCMP say

< p class="sc-v64krj-0 knjbxw">An investigation is still ongoing to determine the events of September 4.

The Saskatchewan Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) confirms that Myles Sanderson was solely responsible for the September 4 homicides, including that of Damien Sanderson.

As a result, the total number of victims of the attacks has been changed to 11.

Saskatchewan RCMP Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore, however, points out that Damien Sanderson was involved in the preparation and planning of the stabbing attacks that occurred in the James Smith Cree Nation, in Saskatchewan, on September 4.

>

Rhonda Blackmore says an investigation is still ongoing to determine Damien Sanderson's responsibility in the matter.

RCMP released details leading up to September 4, including a report of a vehicle theft that occurred the previous day.

One ​​of the two suspects in the attacks, Damien Sanderson , stole a vehicle in the James Smith Cree Nation. RCMP say he was the subject of an arrest warrant for a previous offence.

Indeed, a police investigation led her to a house in the community. On the spot, the police found three men and, at the time, none of them introduced himself as Damien Sanderson. The RCMP explains that there was not enough information to require proof of identity at that time.

The RCMP later determined that Damien Sanderson was indeed one of the three men present in the house and that he had provided a false identity to the police.

The vehicle and the keys were found in this property and were returned to their owner. The RCMP say that at that time Myles Sanderson was not involved in the case.

She adds, however, that Damien and Myles Sanderson were selling drugs in the James Smith Cree Nation that day.

The RCMP did not have sufficient information to determine that violence was about to happen, says Rhonda Blackmore.

Damien Sanderson and his brother Myles Sanderson.

Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) and the Parole Board of Canada (PBC ) announced on Thursday that a Joint National Board of Inquiry will be convened to review the decisions that resulted in the parole of Myles Sanderson.

Myles Sanderson was initially granted parole in August 2021.

However, this had been suspended in November, because he had violated the conditions of his release.

The Joint National Investigation Committee will be made up of six members who will analyze in depth the facts and circumstances surrounding the release of Myles Sanderson.

It will also have the task of determining whether the laws, policies and protocols were followed. He will also have to make recommendations and propose corrective measures, if necessary.

Previous Article
Next Article