The EU introduced the ninth package of sanctions against the Russian Federation: who will be affected by the restrictions
send to Telegram
share on Facebook
send to Viber
send to Whatsapp
send to Messenger
the sanctions list includes military departments, financial institutions, the media, political parties and organizations, as well as officials, politicians and cultural figures.
The European Union has officially published the ninth package of anti-Russian sanctions in connection with the full-scale invasion of the Russian Federation in Ukraine. Restrictions were imposed against Roskomnadzor, the LDPR parties, the Communist Party of the Russian Federation, Just Russia, New People, representatives of the Russian Imperial Movement organization, the Rusich club and the Union of Donbass Volunteers, as well as against seven Russian governors.The package includes a block of new economic restrictions, as well as personal sanctions against almost 200 individuals and organizations. The restrictions also apply to the Russian Armed Forces, the Navy, the Aerospace Forces and the Ground Forces, the Special Operations Forces and the Main Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces.
Sanctions apply to:
- Deputy Prime Minister Tatyana Golikova;
- Director of the Russian Guard Viktor Zolotov;
- Head of the Ministry of Culture Olga Lyubimova;
- Minister of Education Sergey Kravtsov;
- Head Ministry of Science and Education Valery Falkov;
- Minister of Labor Anton Kotyakov;
- Minister of Emergency Situations Alexander Kurenkov;
- Minister of Justice Konstantin Chuichenko.
The sanctions list includes:
- daughters of the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrova, Aishat and Karina;
- Deputies Alexander Zhukov and Anastasia Udaltsova;
- TV presenter, actor and media manager Boris Korchevnikov;
- TV presenter, journalist and politician Marina Kim;
- artist Grigory Leps;
- blogger Dmitry Puchkov;
- director Nikita Mikhalkov;
- pilot-cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova.
As part of the sanctions, the EU suspends licenses for broadcasting Russian channels:
- Russia- 1;
- REN TV;
- Channel One.
Sanctions imposed against Russian financial institutions:
- Credit Bank of Moscow;
- Regional Development Bank;
- Far Eastern Bank.
All individuals on the sanctions list will have their assets frozen in European territory and travel within the EU countries will be banned.
Economic sanctions include:
- a ban on investments in the mining industry of the Russian Federation;
- a ban on the supply of engines and spare parts to Russia for drones;
- ban on the export of toy drones to the Russian Federation;
- ban on the export of complex generators;
- ban on the export of portable computers, computer components and printed circuits;
- export ban on radio navigation systems, radio control equipment vision, cameras and lenses.