Winnipeg police are asking for the public's help in identifying a young deceased

Spread the love

Winnipeg Police are asking for the public's help in identifying a deceased youth

Police released an image of the young man on September 6, along with details of where he was found, in an attempt to identify him, without hit.

After unsuccessfully trying to identify a young man found in medical distress near a McDonald's restaurant in early August, the Winnipeg Police Service is asking for the public's help. The youngster has since passed away.

Someone will recognize this individual, says police spokesman Jay Murray. Someone is probably missing him in one way or another.

Detectives attempted to identify the deceased through numerous avenues of investigation, including fingerprints, missing person reports, as well as sharing information with community groups and law enforcement, all without success, he continued.

According to the police officer, this suggests that the deceased was never arrested by a police force in Canada. He is a teenager or in his early twenties with short black hair.

It is likely that he was homeless, Murray adds, citing the medical examiner's findings . It's possible he's from outside the Winnipeg area, he notes.

On August 5, at approximately 12:30 a.m., the deceased boarded a bus in the area of ​​McPhillips Street and Mountain Avenue. He had a reason for being in that neighborhood, maybe he was staying around, the policeman said.

The young man stayed on the bus on route number 15 for 10 minutes before getting off at the intersection of Main Street and Mountain Avenue.

He then drove to the parking lot of the nearby McDonald's restaurant, where he stayed until 1:22 a.m., when a concerned passerby called 911.

The young man was unconscious when an ambulance arrived. He died in hospital two days later.

According to the police, the young deceased had no personal effects. He wore black pants and black Air Jordan shoes with red and purple accents.

He is 6 feet (183 cm) tall and weighs 160 lbs (73 kg) . He has no tattoos or piercings and his teeth are unremarkable, according to police.

Police released an image of the youth on September 6 along with details of where it was found, in an attempt to identify it. This effort was unsuccessful, so police are releasing more information.

Police say it is important to identify the deceased so they can tell their family that he is dead. Besides, the body needs to be buried. This appeal for public assistance is a last resort, according to Jay Murray.

Police do not believe the young man's death was criminal in nature.

Previous Article
Next Article