Spread the love

Man accused of murder in Manitoba attacked two women in British Columbia

Open in full screen mode

Kevin Queau was charged this week with the second-degree murder of Crystal Saunders, committed in Winnipeg in 2007. He was convicted in 2015 for serious sexual assault committed in British Columbia. (Archive photo)


Voice synthesis , based on artificial intelligence, allows you to generate spoken text from written text.

A man arrested Saturday in connection with the 2007 murder of a Métis woman in Manitoba has a history of sexual assault in British Columbia, according to court documents obtained by CBC.

According to these documents, Kevin Queau admitted to assaulting two British Columbian women in 2015, including one sexually. He was sentenced to five years in prison in August of that year.

One of the victims reported being sexually assaulted for 5 hours.

WARNING: Certain passages in this text may offend the sensitivity of readers.

The other victim, who met her assailant on the dating site Tinder, said Kevin Queau hit and choked her during sex until she was sexually assaulted. she loses consciousness.

She added that he had a crazy look.

Loading in progressHungary lifts its veto, EU green light for new aid to Ukraine

ELSE ON INFO: Hungary lifts its veto, green light from the EU for new aid to Ukraine

She heard her attacker say, 'It's something in me that I'm frankly afraid of that came out,' prosecutor Jason Krupa told the judge. Provincial Court of British Columbia which convicted Kevin Queau.

Monday, when announcing the arrest of Kevin Queau, Saturday, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) explained that DNA analyzes made it possible to make the link with the 2007 victim , Crystal Saunders.

Manitoba RCMP say they are also looking for links between Kevin Queau and other unsolved crimes.

Open in full screen mode

Crystal's body Saunders was found in a ditch near Saint-Ambroise, Manitoba on April 19, 2007. She was 24 years old. Kevin Queau is accused of having killed her. (Archive photo)

DNA had already played a crucial role during the trial of Kevin Queau in 2015 The analyzes then made it possible to establish a link between the accused and the two attacks which had occurred one year apart.

Kevin Queau and one of the two victims met for a drink in February 2013. Each then had to go their separate ways, but, as the prosecutor clarified, Kevin Queau had followed the woman to the SkyTrain, then to her home.

She does x27;was then taken to a nearby hotel. The man had paid for a room and ordered a pizza.

Later, she got up and told Kevin Queau that she was going to leave. He suddenly hit her and made her fall to the ground, Jason Krupa told the judge, highlighting the sudden change in his character. He then told her that if she tried to leave or scream, he would kill her.

Kevin Queau sexually assaulted the woman in the hours that followed, before calmly getting dressed and leaving the room, we learned in court.

She then rushed to the door and locked it, Jason continued Krupa. Ten minutes later the man returned and forced the door open. At that moment, she thought he was going to kill her, the prosecutor added.

Instead, the attacker would have looked around and left calmly, as if nothing had happened before.

Although the victim provided a name and photograph of her attacker, police did not track him down until December 2014, when his DNA was found in connection with the second incident.

In this case, Kevin Queau had several meetings with the woman who would become his victim.

Mr. Queau was fun, charming and engaging, Jason Krupa said. But the woman also noted an aggressive side that was on full display the night he slapped her and she responded in kind.

< p class="StyledBodyHtmlParagraph-sc-48221190-4 hnvfyV">He grabbed her, pushed her onto her back, then placed his arm around her neck and choked her until she lose consciousness. All this happened in a matter of seconds, the prosecutor said.

Then she remembers ;#x27;waking up terrified – she thought she was going to die – and seeing Mr. Queau calmly put on his pants, call a taxi and leave.

Open in full screen mode

Kevin Queau was arrested by the RCMP in British Columbia last Saturday.

Both women explained that the attacks they been victims left a deep mark on them.

I thought I was going to die, one of them testified. I was afraid of losing my life.

Kevin Queau wrote an apology to both women, his lawyer read to the court. My selfish and self-destructive behavior has harmed not only my life, but also the lives of those around me. I do not expect to be forgiven, as my actions are inexcusable.

The judge concluded sentencing hearing with a caution. He said Kevin Queau's predilection for sexual violence indicated some form of deeper problem.

He would wise that you get to the bottom of things, the judge advised him. In your interest, and certainly, as I said, in the interest of the people. I think they are in danger after what I heard here today.

With information from Jason Proctor, Caitlyn Gowriluk Sarah Petz and Raphaëlle Laverdière

Teilor Stone

By Teilor Stone

Teilor Stone has been a reporter on the news desk since 2013. Before that she wrote about young adolescence and family dynamics for Styles and was the legal affairs correspondent for the Metro desk. Before joining Thesaxon , Teilor Stone worked as a staff writer at the Village Voice and a freelancer for Newsday, The Wall Street Journal, GQ and Mirabella. To get in touch, contact me through my teilor@nizhtimes.com 1-800-268-7116