Open in full screen mode
Prince Harry's lawsuit against the Mirror Group, which publishes the “Daily Mirror” among others, is one of the campaigns he launched against several British media. (File photo)
Prince Harry reached an amicable settlement with an editor of the
Daily Mirror, who violated his privacy by hacking into his phone and illegally searching it, Harry's lawyer said Friday.
Lawyer David Sherborne said Mirror Group Newspapers had agreed to pay Harry's legal fees and would carry out an interim payment of 400,000 pounds ($678,278 CAD).
Harry was awarded 140,000 pounds (C$237,397) in damages in December after the judge found that phone hacking was widespread and habitual at Mirror Group newspapers in the 1990s, and that newspaper executives l& ;#x27;had concealed.
Judge Timothy Fancourt concluded that Harry's phone was hacked to a modest extent.
The case brought by Harry against the Mirror Group, which publishes the
Daily Mirror and two other tabloids, is one of several campaigns he has launched against the British media, which he accuses of having spoiled his life and for harassing his late mother, Princess Diana, and his wife Meghan.
Cuts at Bell: a “rotten” decision, says Trudeau, “furious”
ELSE ON INFO: Cuts at Bell: a “rotten” decision , says Trudeau, “furious”
In June, he became the first high-ranking member of the royal family to testify in court in over& #x27;a century during the trial of his case against the
Harry, also known as the Duke of Sussex, was not in court for Friday's ruling. He traveled to London from his home in California earlier this week to visit his father, King Charles III, who was diagnosed with cancer. Harry returned to the United States 24 hours later.