© Gantas Vaičiulėnas/Pexels
More than 20 years ago, the Japanese clothing brand Uniqlo unveiled a revolutionary textile designed in collaboration with Toray, a company specializing in industrial manufacturing (plastics, textiles or materials for clothing). ;aviation). This particular textile, inaugurated in 2003, is Heattech. A thermoregulatory fabric capable of transforming body humidity into heat.
Heattech: comfort and innovation
This fabric has a very particular composition, where four different types of fibers are arranged:
- Rayon, a textile fiber made from of regenerated cellulose, often from wood or other agricultural sources. It is considered to be located on the border between natural and synthetic fibers. Soft as silk, it warms thanks to the body's moisture.
- Acrylic is an entirely synthetic fiber, made from acrylonitrile polymers, which are chemical compounds derived from petroleum. It is very widely used in the textile industry and appreciated for its highly insulating capacity.
- Polyester, also entirely synthetic, is made up of < strong>polyethylene terephthalate (PET), also from petroleum. Also widely used, it's its durability and its ability to dry quickly that make it a must in Heattech.
- Stretch, which is not really a material in itself; rather, it is the result of the incorporation of elastic fibers such as elastane into a base fabric, such as cotton for example. Comfort is its main advantage.
With the years and the feedback from its 30 million customers, Uniqlo has gradually refined the formula of Heattech. The introduction of cotton notably gave it superior comfort and increased lightness.
A very versatile range
Uniqlo's Heattech range covers a wide variety of different garments, both for fall and winter. You can find almost everything there: socks, long-sleeved t-shirts, pants, hats, neck warmers, scarves, t-shirts or tights.
The strength of Uniqlo is to have succeeded in creating real technical clothing, but which can be worn daily without having the It looks like you're coming down from a mountain. Which is not the case for all ready-to-wear brands playing on the same field. The other big advantage of this material is its price. Indeed, Uniqlo's ranges are known for being truly accessible, and Heattech is no exception to the rule. On the other hand, for the eco-responsible side, you will have to iron!
Thanks to its many quality clothing items, Uniqlo has built a solid reputation since its creation in the 1970s. It is a shame that the company is involved in this gigantic scandal of forced labor of the Uyghur populations, the table was almost perfect.
- In 2003, Uniqlo presented Heattech, a revolutionary fabric to fight against cold.
- It is unique and composed of four different fibers: rayon, acrylic, polyester and stretch.
- The Heattech range is very versatile and many Uniqlo garments feature this fabric.
📍 To not miss any news from Presse-citron, follow us on Google News and WhatsApp.