Apple stimulates the appetite of young developers in its ecosystem with an annual competition. Called Swift Student Challenge, this competition has the originality of being essentially reserved for high school students. In 2024, Apple promises to select 350 winners who will benefit from great publicity for their application written in Swift.
But also 1-year membership in the Apple Developer Program, a free voucher to take a Swift app development certification exam, and a special gift from Apple ;Apple.” 50 of these winners whose applications are recognized as particularly successful will also be selected “an extraordinary experience” at Apple headquarters in Cupertino.
How to participate in the Swift Student Challenge?
< p>Apple provides very little guidance on what is expected of applicants other than to “brainstorm and develop interesting ideas for apps that address important issues in your community and beyond”. The firm, however, provides a list of winners from previous years.
Like for example Girl Guard, an application supposed to help fight against harassment – among many other examples. To participate, you must meet a list of conditions. The first is to be 16 years old at the time of sending the Swift application to Apple servers (13 years old for United States nationals).
The developer must also have a free Apple Developer account, and meet at least one of these criteria:
- Be enrolled in an accredited academic institution or equivalent in home learning.
- Be part of a course of study 8217;learning in a secondary science stream.
- Be registered in an Apple Developer Academy.
- Be a holder baccalaureate or equivalent for less than 6 months and be awaiting registration in a higher education establishment.
< p>The application to be submitted to Apple must be in Swift Playground format, contained in a .zip file. The application must work completely offline… and be less than 25 MB (once zipped). The application must have been designed by the candidate alone – group creations are not accepted.
All assets must be open source or royalty free, duly credited and motivated for their use. The version of Swift Playgrounds used is said to be Swift Playgrounds 4.4 or later – or Xcode 15 on macOS 13.5. Apple Pencil implementation is permitted. Last but not least: all application content must be in English.
You still have around twenty days in total to design, compile and send your application to Apple. To do this, go to this page and click Apply Now.
- Apple launches the Swift Student Challenge 2024.
- This competition can allow high school students to win gifts while benefiting from a real springboard for their career in development.
- We explain everything about the conditions of this competition – hurry: there are only two weeks left to send your creation!
📍 To not miss any news from Presse-citron, follow us on Google News and WhatsApp.