Spread the love

Fort Smith plane crash: voice recorder intact

Open in full screen mode

The Transportation Safety Board in Gatineau, Quebec.

  • Julie Plourde (View profile)Julie Plourde
  • < /ul>

    Voice synthesis, based on artificial intelligence, makes it possible to generate a spoken text from a written text.

    The Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB) confirms that the voice recorder recovered from the wreckage of the plane that crashed near Fort Smith, Northwest Territories, is intact. It will help to elucidate what caused the accident causing the death of six people.

    The recorder edge, which was in the tail of the aircraft, was not damaged by the powerful blaze which caused the loss of approximately 80% of the aircraft after its crash.

    On January 23, the Jetstream type aircraft of the Northwestern Air Lease company, with five passengers and two crew members on board, crashed shortly after takeoff. According to preliminary information provided by the TSB, the plane struck terrain and trees.

    The recorder was covered in soot, but had not melted, according to the TSB. However, until it was sent to Ottawa for analysis, there remained doubt as to its completeness.

    The time of the accident was recorded, the data is of good quality and will really help the investigation, says Western Regional Director for the Transportation Safety Board, Jon Lee.

    The The contents of the recorder will also help determine any potential security gaps.

    If we discover a security issue with this information, we will contact the affected parties, such as Transport Canada or the aircraft operator, to resolve it.

    A quote from Jon Lee, Western Regional Director for the Transportation Safety Board

    Open in full screen mode

    Jon Lee is the Western Regional Director for the Transportation Safety Board of Canada.

    Jon Lee indicates that the Canadian Transportation Accident Investigation and Safety Board Act prevents him from disclosing this data while the investigation is ongoing.

    The wreckage of the plane remains at the scene of the crash near the Fort Smith airport. Attempts to move her by helicopter to Edmonton failed earlier this week due to unfavorable weather conditions.

    Open in full screen mode

    According to a preliminary report of the TSB, the Jetstream type aircraft would have come into contact with trees and terrain before crashing and catching fire, shortly after takeoff.

    An insurance company is responsible for transporting the wreckage to the TSB regional office in Edmonton and cleaning up the scene. #x27;accident.

    She has not yet confirmed a date for her trip.

    Municipal Councilor Louise Beaulieu can't wait for the wreckage to be removed from the crash site: For the families and for It will be a bit of a relief for the community to know that the investigation is moving forward to hopefully get some answers about what happened.

    Open in full screen mode

    The community of Fort Smith thanked first responders for their help after the plane crash.

    Once the pieces and debris of the plane are in Edmonton, the TSB will continue its analysis, with the help of three investigators from the United Kingdom.

    We will do a thorough technical overhaul of the wreck in Edmonton and, depending on what happens, we could decide to send the engines to an overhaul center, says Jon Lee.

    Jet engines are quite complex. They require specialized tools for disassembly.

    A quote from Jon Lee, Western Regional Director for the Transportation Safety Board

    The TSB cannot confirm, at this time, the duration of the investigation.

    We have a goal of 450 days, but, at the beginning, we don't have much information on how this investigation will unfold, or the direction it might take. It could take less than 450 days or it could be longer. […] We are only beginning to analyze what we have recovered, he adds.

    With information from Carla Ulrich

    • Julie Plourde (View profile)Julie PlourdeSuivre
Teilor Stone

By Teilor Stone

Teilor Stone has been a reporter on the news desk since 2013. Before that she wrote about young adolescence and family dynamics for Styles and was the legal affairs correspondent for the Metro desk. Before joining Thesaxon , Teilor Stone worked as a staff writer at the Village Voice and a freelancer for Newsday, The Wall Street Journal, GQ and Mirabella. To get in touch, contact me through my teilor@nizhtimes.com 1-800-268-7116