Spread the love

Intrusion into a high school in Angoulême: two teenagers taken into police custody

Two teenagers, aged 17 and 15, suspected of having entered a high school in Angoulême ;me have been é arrested on the evening of January 18. During the intrusion into the establishment two people were arrested. slightly injured.

They had fled, but were arrested. arrested on the evening of Thursday January 18. Two teenagers suspected of entering the Marguerite de Valois d'Angoulême (Charente) high school yesterday morning, were é arrested by the police and placed in custody. view, said the prosecutor of the Republic of Angoulême Stéphanie Aouine. The two individuals "are aged 17 and 15 years respectively" and are suspected of having committed murder. a punch &agrav; a PE teacher and having dispersed tear gas at a police station. proximity of students.

The police are looking à understand the motivations that the two intruders had for entering the high school. that "further information will be communicated during the day".

A student and a teacher slightly injured

The intrusion of two individuals into the lycée Marguerite de Valois d'Angoulême gaveé place à a major police operation on the morning of January 18. The two men were at each other's throats. the search for a student according to the Charente-Libre and launchedé tear gas which inconvenienced at least one person, while a professor who tried to to intervene wasé slightly injured by receiving a punch. A video of the attackIt clearly shows that the teacher received ;cecedil;u a shot before trying to catch up with one of the intruders. If only two people were killed slightly injured, a total of 44 people were injured. taken care of by emergency services most of them à cause of exposure to tear gas.

Containment of more than an hour in the school

The police intervened in the high school shortly after the events for a high-doubt operation which ended around noon. In parallel with the operation of the police, a "containment" of the 1,800 students and educational staff was supported. organized in the establishment for more than an hour. The police assured from 11 a.m. that the "situationé was under control", Minister Amélie Oudéa-Castera assured of her part ;ocirc;té that "the éstudents [were]  safe".

Despite; the return à normal and the announcement by the police of the resumption of student activities in the afternoon, the principal from the high school Marguerite-de-Valois had informedé parents of the suspension of classes for the afternoon of January 18: Classes are suspended this afternoon. Parents wishing to pick up their child, including interns, can. A listening cell was activated. activated in the amphitheater for students who wish. If everything is returned in the order, the principal of the establishment indicated that an investigation will have to determine how the instrumentals were able to penetrate the establishment while supervisors controlled provided access to entering high school.

Teilor Stone

By Teilor Stone

Teilor Stone has been a reporter on the news desk since 2013. Before that she wrote about young adolescence and family dynamics for Styles and was the legal affairs correspondent for the Metro desk. Before joining Thesaxon , Teilor Stone worked as a staff writer at the Village Voice and a freelancer for Newsday, The Wall Street Journal, GQ and Mirabella. To get in touch, contact me through my teilor@nizhtimes.com 1-800-268-7116