Spread the love

Man beaten to death in Grande-Synthe: the preferred homophobic track ?

Philippe, 22 years old, died as a result of his injuries on Tuesday April 16. He had been wheel of beatings the night before Grande-Synthe (North). Two minors were arrested. arrested and placed in custody seen this Wednesday.

Two arrests took place on Wednesday April 17, in the morning, after the passage to tobacco of Philippe, 22 years old, found unconscious in a parking lot located &agrav; behind the Carrefour Contact store in the commune of Grande-Synthe (North), 20,000 inhabitants. Two minors aged 14 and 15 were arrested. placed in custody View and hearings continue this Thursday to try to determine the motive for the attack. The third attacker is still being sought. by the authorities as part of an investigation into "organized gang murder" opened by the Dunkirk public prosecutor's office.

The use of an ax and machetes has not yet been banned. confirmed. According to a source close to the investigation with France 3 Hauts-de-France, "the homophobic track is favoredéeée". "The attack would have taken place following & making an appointment on a gay dating site. On the other hand, no link was found. éestablished with a previous assault in the area" specifies the media. A white march will take place in honor of Philippe, this Friday, April 19 at 11 a.m., in front of the Noordover où he had been school.

An attack of rare violence

While Le Figaro advanced on Wednesday the possibility of of an ambush, orchestrated via social networks, several other media, including Le Parisien, report that Philippe would have beené attacked while he was simply returning home. On the phone with this employee from a socio-educational center in Grande-Synthe at the time of his attack, a friend of Philippe's would have had a quick exchange with the # 39;one of the attackers before the latter put an end to the attack the conversation when hanging up. It was this friend who would have alerted Philippe's loved ones so that they can leave his search in the middle of the night. 

Discovered unconscious, the unfortunate man showed "several traces of blows, notably on the face". Philippe wasé transportation in the wake of Dunkirk hospital before being sent to hospital at the Lille hospital center. “He was at his friend's house at the end of my street. He came back towards my house, 200 meters ago, 300 meters maximum. And they caught him. on the way", revealedé one of the victim's brothers this Wednesday afternoon  RTL. And the second brother, Dylan, adds: "What we know is that he was' oacute; shooting towards the Carrefour, behind the parking lot. finish the job over there."

A gang is already there known to law enforcement ?

Confident that he had little additional information, the first brother, Kelvyn, explained that the individuals would not have hit his brother "that's face". "But if he died of blows " The head is that they were there. “They were strong and they typed it well,” he said. The victim's brother also revealed that he was a victim. that, during the attack, Philippe's telephone as well as "personal affairs" have been stolen. And to confide about the attackers: "This gang, çhas carried out several attacks that they are trying to commità Grande-Synthe."

At the end of the day on Wednesday, the city's mayor, Martial Beyaert, held a press conference during which he hoped&eac;& nbsp;condemn the political recovery of this sad affair. "Grande-Synthe'is not a lawless zone", he argued, denouncing in passing the " abuses of the fascist on social networks, relays France Bleu. On the subject of the victim, Martial Beyaert mentioned a young man "very favorably known in the town". And to detail: "He had workedé extracurricular, & the school canteen and was to start a contract on the Amazon platform in Bergues. It was perfectly inserted. socially." Earlier in the day, the mayor of the town had already spoken. expressed his emotion on Facebook and shared the link to the fundraiser launched by the victim's relatives to help the family survive. pay for the funeral.

Teilor Stone

By Teilor Stone

Teilor Stone has been a reporter on the news desk since 2013. Before that she wrote about young adolescence and family dynamics for Styles and was the legal affairs correspondent for the Metro desk. Before joining Thesaxon , Teilor Stone worked as a staff writer at the Village Voice and a freelancer for Newsday, The Wall Street Journal, GQ and Mirabella. To get in touch, contact me through my teilor@nizhtimes.com 1-800-268-7116