“Parcoursup results: what should I do if I am unassigned?”
This Friday July 7 marks the last day of the main admission phase. While more than 80,000 candidates still do not have a job offer, a new stage will allow them to formulate new wishes.
[Put to; day July 7, 2023 at 12:15] The main admission phase on Parcoursup ends this Friday July 7, 2023. Candidates have until now. 11:59 p.m. to confirm or not the admission proposals received. And many students still do not have an assignment offer. According to the Ministry of Higher Education, as of Thursday July 6, 84,811 candidates did not have an assignment offer, out of a total of 917,000 candidates. candidates. Last year, at On the same date, there were 94,187 waiting for proposals, out of a total of 936,000 candidates. Ultimately, 74,000 of them received a proposal during the complementary phase.
The The additional admission phase which is open from June 15 to September 12 consists of entering new applicants to receive new admission proposals. This phase is dedicated to those who received only negative or unsatisfactory responses, or who failed to complete the survey. the check mark for their registration. During this “second chance session”, candidates can apply to courses that still have places, with the same rules of the game as during the previous procedure, but in an accelerated version. These candidates can issue up to ten wishes, which they owe to Now you can sort your wishes in order of preference.
This phase should allow candidates who have not received a response to find an establishment for next year, by offering remaining places in certain sectors. Another solution: since July 1, students can also apply for the access commission to the university. higher education of their academy, to help them achieve their goals. find training. Here is the process follow based on the responses you receive (or not).
In the event of a “definitive yes”, each candidate can only keep one “yes”. If you don't get your preferred choice, please contact us. from the first time, however, it is possible for you to keep wishes on hold. There is therefore no need to rush to answer. When you are sure of your choice, you can confirm your wish. You do not have to then no need to unsubscribe from Parcoursup, just complete your administrative registration before the end of July in order to be accepted. definitely in your new training.
It is indeed a yes, the student who made this choice is accepted. in the chosen training. But the student then agrees to follow a refresher course. level or courses adapted to your needs à his profile, àgrave; from the start of the school year.
If they are accepted while waiting for a place, students can follow their progress in the waiting list on a day-to-day basis and assess the probability of being accepted. to be admitted to a course. You can only accept one offer of admission to a course. that time. It is possible to accept an offer of admission (so as not to end up with nothing) and keep the wish(es) “on hold” until later. that interest you in parallel.
If you do not yet have any admission offer, your wishes are automatically maintained. You can renounce your application. If one of your wishes on the waiting list becomes a positive response, you will be informed immediately. by email in real time, as well as via the Parcoursup application. If you validate this same vœu, you must then think about it. validate for yourself that your other wishes are still pending. Otherwise, they will be lost.
NB: This is your position on the call list compared to the rank of the last caller. in 2022 which can give you an idea of the filling rate of the training you are targeting.
If the answer is “No”, you have nothing to do. This means that the offer no longer concerns you. The complementary procedure, which starts on June 15 and lasts until September 12. You will then have the opportunity to apply for the additional procedure. to make new wishes in training courses with remaining places.
They allow waiting lists to evolve without unnecessarily blocking too large a number of candidates. The deadlines for responding to admission offers are displayed in your file, but here is a reminder:
- Proposals received on 1st and June 2: you have until Sunday June 4, 11:59 p.m. (Paris time) to respond.
- Proposals received on June 3: you have until Monday, June 5, 11:59 p.m. (Paris time) to respond.
- Proposals received between June 4 and July 6, 2023: you have 2 days to respond.
Don't worry, the response deadline is still displayed opposite the admission proposal. One last little thing: even if you are not interested in the admission offers received, you must send a response.
How to make new choices on the Parcoursup post-baccalaureate guidance platform? Via the tool "Evaluate your chances in a sector", the result of our exclusive partnership with a team of teachers eager to help students, you have the opportunity ; to visualize your probabilities of joining training based on your profile! In the interface below, created by Supeasy, you indicate your baccalaureate and your level, then check the sectors you are targeting.
It is possible to indicate several cumulative sectors. This allows you to compare your chances of admission in a few clicks, and even to modulate them by varying the average obtained in the baccalaureate.
The new section "Understanding the criteria for analyzing applications" was created on the Parcoursup.fr website for the 2023 edition. It details the access criteria on which the training courses are based, in other words, the criteria for access to training courses. res to; from which the training courses accept or not a candidate file. As specified by Jérôme Teillard, in charge of of Parcoursup mission at the Ministry of Higher Education, "It is not an algorithm that examines the applications, it is the teachers".
Find out more about PARCOURSUP 2023
Dates Parcoursup 2023 before admission
- December 20, 2022  ;: information phase, Parcoursup opens its web pages to the public consultation. You can consult the training courses available in 2023, and find out about the expectations and admission conditions. This is also the time to refine your orientation project with your main professors and /or guidance counselors.
- From January 18 to March 9, 2023: this is the phase 39;registrationon Parcoursup, with opening of the file and formulation of wishes. You must complete the different sections of the file (CV, cover letters, activities and interests). Your main mission: to express your wishes (after March 29, this is no longer possible). You can formulate 10 wishes and 20 sub-wishes maximum. This two-month period still gives you time to explore the training courses and refine your choices. Within the framework of the Parcoursup procedure, it is not necessary to prioritize your wishes, but you must justify them one by one. one by writing a cover letter for each.
- Until April 6, 2023: confirmation of wishesand finalization of the file. These few days of "bonus" aim to definitively validate your applications, but also to verify your applications and finalize them, via the provision of all the supporting documents requested, as well as with a final touch to your cover letters!
Parcoursup 2023 dates of the admission phases
- From June 1 to 7 July 2023 : main admission phase, with response from establishments to Parcoursup candidates. You will then start to find out if the training courses you are targeting have accepted your application, rejected it or put you on a waiting list. In order to reduce stress for candidates, the main procedure (admission phase) also ends in mid-July instead of at the beginning of September previously.
- Du June 15 to September 12, 2023: complementary admission phase, with entry of new wishes and admission proposals. This phase is dedicated to those who received only negative or unsatisfactory responses, or who failed to complete the survey. the check mark for their registration. During this “second chance session”, candidates can apply to courses that still have places, with the same rules of the game as during the previous procedure, but in an accelerated version.
- From July 1, 2023 : possibility of for Parcoursup candidates to request personalized support from their file of the access commission to higher education (CAES) of their academy.
It is possible to formulate up to 10 wishes in total, but also sub-requests depending on the training. Candidates who are aiming for apprenticeship training have 10 additional wishes for these same apprenticeship training courses. Around 7,500 training courses Apprentices are available and for many of them, you can express your wishes throughout the Parcoursup procedure, with no deadline. For high school students, each wish made is the subject of aFuture sheet, which will include the assessments of its teachers and the opinion of the head of the establishment following the 2nd council class. They are sent to the targeted universities.
Another advantage of the site: if a candidate is looking for specific training, the search enginealso offers him similar training that could potentially interest him. In their list of maximum 10 wishes, without order of preference and without obligation to add a non-selective sector, Parcoursup candidates must explain their motivation for each of the wishes registered. They have for this from mid-January to mid-March.
High school students have the opportunity to attend school. to apply outside the academy : "a few places [are] reserved in the non-selective courses of a university. for candidates coming from another academy,” specifies AFP. If the student chooses to limit their applications to selective or long-term courses faculties located outside his academy, he risks remaining without an offer and receives a series of messages from the Parcoursup platform to inform him of this.
Finally, the candidate has an opportunity to apply. additional in his bag: that of formulating “multiple wishes”(within their 1 to 10 wishes), which are limited to 20 sub-wishes maximum. Ex: a computer science license required for all the universities of the academy, and which only counts for one wish, with more chances for #39;student to obtain training in the sector of their choice.
Good to know: for IFSIs, institutes in hearing aids, speech therapy and orthoptics, the limit is five wishes per type of training.
► The Parcoursup FAQ ► The Parcoursup toll-free number: 088 400 070, Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to Friday 4 p.m.
For those who don't yet have everything ready to go makes their choice known, the training sheets provide valuable information for each training:
- the content of the training
- the tuition fees
- the dates of the open days
- the percentage of candidates admitted according to the type of baccalaureate in 2022
- the rate access in 2022
- The number of places available this year and the number of wishes made in 2022
- the rate of sending admission proposals in 2022
- the professional integration rates for the majority of students BTS and additional mentions
- The rate of passage into the 2nd year and the success rate
The training sheets are Also enriched with a new section,“Know the criteria for analyzing applications". This clearly presents the criteria that the training courses will use to analyze and accept applications. It is also precise in the files which will analyze the files: teachers, admissions managers… Thanks to all these elements, the candidate has the possibility to apply to compare the most important criteria between two courses and gauge your chances of success, but also to have more to do with each other. the priority arguments in mind include in your Parcoursup cover letter. We also find in the fact sheets advice from the training courses themselves relating to the recommended courses in high school and how to provide information application file. What better way to anticipate the admission phase, which starts on Thursday June 1st.
Each of the Parcoursup wishes must be argued for. by writing a "motivated training project", a sort of cover letter. The objective: to explain in a few lines what motivates the candidate in this training. "It is a personal expression that is expected of you and not a theoretical essay," cise Parcoursup. It’s about motivating your loved ones in a personalized way, and thus standing out from others by highlighting your strengths. Concretely, in 1,500 characters maximum, the candidate explains why he chooses to include this training in his list of candidates, what qualities and skills he has to offer. him, and how the training fits well with his past career path. – professional and personal experiences – and with his future projects.
Good at know: if a high school student or a student in reorientation is in a situation of disability or affected by a health disorder; invalidating, he can fill in a connection form in his Parcoursup file. It is possible to specify your needs for the start of the school year. Non-obligatory, this form is not sent to training for examination of the file.
► Parcoursup offers a video tutorial to help you get started. write your cover letter
Pourtonsup is a platform launched by the high school students' association to help disoriented candidates to apply for a job. navigate in Parcoursup. She offers to give her opinion on Parcoursup, find her direction and finally, exchange with students.
Launched on February 1, 2023, My Master is the new national online platform to find your master's degree. Once their license is in hand, many students find themselves left behind in France . In the summer By 2022, some 7,000 students had applied to their rectorate, according to the Ministry of Higher Education, because they had not been able to access the program. clogged desired in master's degree. A sort of one-stop shop, "My Master" functions as a referral interface to streamline proposals, redistribute vacant places and register students earlier.
The site allows three key functionalities to access à a master's degree after your license:
- view full article national master's degrees offered by accredited higher education establishments
- submit your applications for access first ;year of master's degree
- be supported by the rectoral services in the case where; We received no positive response to this question. its applications
From mid-June, admission offers arrive from successful applicants. They can then accept or not the proposals, but this is only possible for two masters degrees. that time. From mid-July, a phase of redistribution of vacant places begins based on withdrawals.