Spread the love

Disappearance of Erwan Blais: a testimony, new research... The investigation is progressing

Three days after his disappearance in Deux-Sevres, Erwan Blais, 18, remains untraceable. Update on the investigation.

The search has continued since Sunday and the disappearance of Erwan Blais. An investigation into "disturbing disappearance" was é opened by the Niort public prosecutor's office. À At this stage, no track is still preferred. This Tuesday, February 13, the search accelerated, reports BFMTV,  according to whom a drone as well as divers é were mobilized. The news channel also reports that the number of gendarmes mobilized for the case has been increased. multiplied by three. Thus, while around twenty gendarmes were in place Tuesday morning, no less than 63 were on the bridge in the afternoon , specifies a press release of the public prosecutor. But research has à new summer vain.

On Wednesday, the gendarmes must, however, continue the search, particularly in the Pescalis park in Moncoutant-sur-Sevre, which is none other than the largest business park in the world. nature and fishing of Europe, and is located in the heart of Europe. not far from the nightclub where was é last seen alive for the last time Erwan Blais this weekend. According to BFMTV, the young man lefté the discotheque where he was partying with his friends around 2:30 a.m. He would have beené put &agrav; the door by security guards after a "non-serious" incident. He would then appear in CCTV footage from the nightclub. “We see him crossing the nightclub parking lot, then more nothing &agrav; “because of a spotlight that dazzles the camera,” explains her mother-in-law Karine to her husband. the news channel, specifying that Erwan is a rather balanced teenager, comfortable in his sneakers, with a classic life of a young person continuing his studies. He's a young man like so many others." In any case his phone would have stopped. broadcast around 2:50 a.m.

Auprès de Ouest-France, a friend of Erwan Blais, who was with him on the evening of the disappearance, also returned to the events. Assuring that the young man has not arrived drunk in a nightclub, but that he had, like him, “simply a little drunk”, he confides that he was, during in the evening, separate of him going to see other friends. It was only at the end of the evening, when the nightclub emptied, that it would have been reported his absence. This would be followed by numerous searches in and around the nightclub, without success, before a call to the police. the gendarmerie. 

A track leading à a studied parking lot

While a hunt was carried out, organized on Monday, bringing together no less than 120 people, the track of a parking lot was followed. mentioned by the investigators. "We have achieved" a tracking Sunday and Monday with two dog teams, which take us to the same place, at the same time. namely the parking lot of the restaurant Le Saint-Pierre", thus revealed the gendarmerieé nbsp;à our colleagues from 20 Minutes.

But this path remains fragile. Once we arrive at the parking lot, "we lose track of the young man", specifies this same source. According to the daily, it is in this parking lot that Erwan would have parked his car. his vehicle before going, to on foot, in the nightclub, located next door. 500 meters from there. A helicopter therefore arrived. missioned by the police. Objective: "fly over road shoulders, in case ù the young man would have beené hit by a vehicle,” specifies the gendarmerie, which indicates, however, that this “did not result in anything.” The surrounding ponds as well as the S&evre Niortaise have also been explored. surveyed by a nautical brigade. 

A search notice launched Monday to meet Erwan Blais

The authorities launched a wanted notice this Monday, February 12 after the disappearance of Erwan, aged oacute; of 18 years old, who no longer gave sign of life since Saturday night à Sunday. The young man wasé seen &agrav; going out to a nightclub in Moncoutant-sur-Sevre, in Deux-Sevres, around 2:30 a.m., called La Morinière. The investigators indicatedé that this is the last place where his phone would have been damaged. geocalis.

According to information from Ouest-France, the young man would have left the evening alone. Noticing his disappearance, his group of friends would have started to attack him. &agrav; look for it à inside the nightclub, but in vain. As France Bleu indicates, significant resources have been ;eacute;té deployed by the gendarmerie to find Erwan. This Sunday, February 11, around twenty gendarmes, accompanied by a team a dog and a helicopter had already taken over. été mobilized to search for the student. 

The young man's family opened a Facebook page dedicated to his research allowing &agrav; Anyone who has information can share it with us. the family and the authorities. A hunt was therefore also carried out. organized this Monday to try to find Erwan. In a Facebook post, the sister of the missing person specified: that Erwan was wearing "black jeans, a dark green Nike sweatshirt, black and white sneakers" at the time of his disappearance.

Teilor Stone

By Teilor Stone

Teilor Stone has been a reporter on the news desk since 2013. Before that she wrote about young adolescence and family dynamics for Styles and was the legal affairs correspondent for the Metro desk. Before joining Thesaxon , Teilor Stone worked as a staff writer at the Village Voice and a freelancer for Newsday, The Wall Street Journal, GQ and Mirabella. To get in touch, contact me through my teilor@nizhtimes.com 1-800-268-7116